In order to use an FHA loan to purchase a home, the property will have to be appraised and inspected by a HUD-approved appraiser. This is to ensure that the property meets HUDS’s minimum property standards.
WHAT IS AN APPRAISAL?
Only an expert can assesses or determine the value of your home. You get an appraisal to determine the value of your home in today’s market. The appraiser usual has a check list of HUDs requirements for FHA.
Things You Should Know About FHA Home Appraisals
- HAND RAILS – handrails should be installed along open staircases, and in accordance with FHA/HUD requirements.
- RAILINGS – has to be installed around, decks, patios, porches and balconies.
- PAINT – all interior and exterior paint should be in good condition. There should be no distressed paint eg. peeling paint.
- WINDOWS – all windows should be fully operational and not broken. If it is, it has to be replaced.
- DOORS – doors should be functional and hanging properly.
- ROOF – If the roof has leaks it must be repaired or replaced.
- UTILITIES -utilities must be on and functional at the time of the inspection.
These are just some of the things that will be addressed with an FHA Appraiser. To get more information visit FHA APPRAISAL
If you are looking for more information on selling or buying a home please call/text 727-422-9340 or email: email@example.com or fill out the contact form.