This can be one of the most difficult part of the selling process for most homeowners. This is the home that you may have raised your family in and with that comes all the memories. How can you put a price tag on that? If you are selling by owner then it’s up to you to figure out what will be a fair price.
Take a look at your home and realistically write down the square footage of the home, number of bathrooms and bedrooms, any updates, example maybe you added a new roof, new kitchen or bathroom remodel. These things will be important when comparing your home to ones that have sold in your area. If your price is too high you may find that your home will sit on the market for months and if it’s too low, then you end up losing money.
PRICE TO SELL
So you've decided to sell your home? Now what? When working with a real estate agent, they do all the leg work for you. The real estate agent actually do all the research on all the comps in your area and do all the dirty work of helping you get to your list price. This can be very challenging for home owners when selling their own home. Hopefully after reading this you can get a better idea of how to come up with a fair price for your home.
1. Not all homes are the same even though their square footage is the same and the floor plan maybe the same. You have to take into consideration updates that other home owners may have done to their home. Certain improvements may add more value to your home than others. So keep that in mind when thinking of doing any remodeling.
2. Go www.zillow.com and type in your home address. You will get tons of listings that pop up. Try to focus on the homes that are within 1/2 mile from your home. See how those homes compare to yours and what they are priced at. Pay attention to remodels, square footage comparisons, compare bedrooms and bathrooms, pool and outdoor patio.
3. Go to the recent home sales on www.zillow.com. You can access homes that was recently sold in your area. Check out sales that are 5 months or less and that compares to your home.
4. You can also contact a real estate agent for a CMA. Most agents would love to help you.
5. Check out some open houses in your area and see what kind of homes are being sold and what it's being sold for. It's a great way to scope out the competition. Plus you can get some ideas for your own open house.
For more information on pricing your home please contact Arona McGinley Cell: 727-422-9340 or email email@example.com.
copyright to Arona McGinley -Real Estate Bitz. All rights reserved.
WHAT IS MY HOME WORTH IN TODAY’S MARKET?