There’s never been a better time to sell your home in Florida. With low-interest rates at a record low you can find lots of buyers looking for homes in the Sunshine State. If you were looking to sell your home this would be a great time to get your home on the market.
Here are some tips for getting your home ready for the market place.
- Find a listing agent
- Look around your home and think about decluttering. What are all the things that you need to pack away to make your home look and feel more spacious? Purge your overflowing closets, pack away collectibles, knick-knacks, remove things off your kitchen countertops to get a cleaner look.
- Hire a professional cleaner. The first impression of your home will go a long way. Clean carpets, scrub tile floors, windows, moldings and scrub your bathrooms. Your home must be in pristine condition.
- Paint, Paint, Paint, this is a cheap way to give your homea more welcoming and new look. Choose colors that a neutral and would appeal to most buyers. Remember your are trying to appeal to the masses.
- The outside of your home should look just as good as the inside. Powerwash the dirt off the home, clean the gutters, give your home a facelift by doing some light landscaping. Paint your front door and add a decorative mat that invites someone to enter.
- This is my number one tip… pack away family photos, toys, and awards. You want your home to be warm and welcoming, but you also want the buyer to envision themselves living in the home with their family.
Now that you have your home looking great, its time to put it on the market. Best of luck!