This pizza crust recipe is so easy and great when you need something fast. I love pizza but sometimes I want to add my own crazy toppings and that’s not possible if I go get a pizza from my local pizza place.
I hope you have time to try this recipe. Try making it with the ids.
Just a couple of things you need
- Yeast (2 and 1/4 tsps of yeast (whatever kind you have available)
- Water (1 and 1/3 cups of warm water)
- Flour (3 and 1/2 cups of all purpose flour, have extra for surface of board)
- Oil (best to use olive oil- 2 tbls of olive oil)
- Salt – (3/4 tsp of salt)
- Sugar – (1 tbls of granulated sugar)
- Cornmeal – (for dusting)
Most of you already have these ingredients in your pantry. Super simple!
- Whisk the warm water, yeast and sugar together in a bowl. Put aside and rest for about 5 mins
- Add salt, and olive oil and flour to your yeast mixture. Beat at a low speed for approximately 2 minutes. Have a board or use your clean countertop that is lightly floured. Add flour to your hands and knead the pizza dough for approximately 3-4 minutes. Your dough should feel a little bit soft. If you poke your dough and it bounces back then your dough is ready to rise. Do not continue to kneed the dough.
- Have a large bowl that is lightly greased and place the dough in it. Make sure you turn the dough to coat all sides of it.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and a clean towel. Allow the dough to rise at room temperature. I usually place my dough in my oven. Don’t turn on the oven though. Sit for 30 minutes.
- When dough has doubled in size remove from the oven or counter top.
- Preheat your oven to 475 degrees. Make sure your oven is totally heated.
- Shape your dough and flatten it to the shape that you want then place on a lightly greased pizza pan that has been sprinkled with cornmeal.
- Cover your dough till your oven is ready and prepare your toppings in the mean time.
- I love jalapenos, chicken, red onions, spinach , these are just some of my favorites, and don’t forget pineapple (I know, who puts pineapple on pizza ) . I know some people agree with me and others think it’s gross. Either way add what you love.
- Before adding your sauce and toppings, I suggest that you brush the top of your crust with olive oil.
- Place your toppings and bake for 12 – 18 minutes.
- This should be a treat for your family.